Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Organize yourself

This week’s clicks are all about organization. There are clicks for organizing your bookmarks, lesson plans, documents, photos, videos, and notes.

1. Organize your Bookmarks: There are two social bookmarking sites that I know of. Delicious and Diigo. I use Delicious because that is what I started with. They are both free. If you choose Diigo there is an educator account. You can also set up accounts for you students. Take the free tour! You choose.

2. Organize your Documents: How would you like to have access to your documents no matter what computer you are on? Dropbox can do that for you. You can share documents with Dropbox. There is even and add on so others can drop you documents called Dropittome. Dropbox also has an app for your phone so you can drop those photos into the Dropbox.

3. Organize your lesson plans: There are two online lesson planners. I have not used either one of these because I just learned about them. PlanbookEdu is a free source and is offering a free 10 day premium trial. That tells me that it is free but you could upgrade for some money. Planbook.com looks more like what I would want. Take a look, try them out and then leave your feedback about the lesson planners.

4. Organize your thoughts: Evernote is a resource I have yet to fully utilize. You can load it on your computer and your phone. The idea is to have a place to keep to do lists, reminders, photos, websites or anything. It is free but has premium accounts for a small fee. There are tutorial videos to help you use it and get organized.

5. Organize your time: Google has a great calendar feature. If you haven’t used it yet, maybe it’s time. You can set up a calendar with reminders to email you or to send you a reminder on your phone. Since I have set up Google Calendar on my phone, it has helped me remember all the appointments I have to be at and things I have to do.

I hope you find something you can use in this newsletter. If you do please make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment