This week’s clicks are all about America and the events that occur here. With the 10th anniversary of September 11th, I wanted to give you enough time to explore these links and incorporate them into your lessons. Make sure you preview all materials BEFORE showing to your class.
1. Reading A to Z They have 3 books about Sept 11 and 2 on Constitution day, one which is poetry and fits in perfectly with the curriculum. Don’t forget to check out the state standards and what’s new when searching in this great resource.
3. Ten years after 9/11 Watch the attacks unfold. There is a before and after photos of the events as well as photos of
the events unfolding.
4. Portraits of Grief On this link you will be able to read about many of those who lost their life that day. There is also a
section where you can find out how the families have coped.
5. History.com Video of the events as they unfolded. About 5 min.
6. Bonus link Inside 9/11 Might be too high for elementary students but I thought you might want to see this. Video and interviews from many people involved in the investigation and events of 9/11.