Here is part two of my online explorations and reading. Here are a few of the interesting topics, sites, and blogs I found this week.
1. Can An Educator’s Clothes Affect How He/She Teaches?- Here is an interesting blog post from Larry Ferlazzo. Some thoughts on what you wear in the classroom. Make sure you click on the links within the post. They are interesting also.
2. 12 Things Kids Want from Their Teachers– Great post from the kids’ point of view. Things to remember. Students rely more on us more than we realize.
3. 8 Great Sites for Reluctant Writers– Story starters, writing tools, and sites that make writing fun. Great sites for students to explore and create.
4. Iditarod- Here are some ideas to incorporate the Iditarod. There are videos, activities, and even a quiz. Enjoy!
5. Engaging Parents in school– Here is a blog post on The best resources on Parent/Teacher Conferences for 2011.
6. Bonus: Wolfram Alpha– this is a search engine for uncommon information. I saw this at a conference and couldn’t really think of anything to use it for until I came across this link on Plurk. Have fun with it. We need more fun in our lives.
I hope you can find something you can use in this newsletter. If you do, please make a comment.